Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Busy Bee and Vintage Puppy

Started a project for myself ;-). Using Aunt Martha's embroidery transfers in my collection. It's a stress free, no deadline project.

This is the first stitched design, a vintage one. "Puppy Fashion Show" no. 3262.  Didn't want to cut the pattern, so I made a resized copy of the chosen design, used a fine tip iron on transfer pen from Sublime Stitching to traced the design from the back of copy, and then ironed it on the fabric.

I'm using a pre-printed quilt top fabric, from Aunt Martha's too (www.colonialpatterns.com). 

Here it is all done... so cute!
The second design is from "The Busy Bee" pattern no.3681.

Totally enjoying the no deadlines. Whenever I feel like working on this project I'll pick it up and stitch away... therapeutic, especially when experiencing an intense fibromyalgia flare.



Kind of nice to be able to use what I already have in my stash/collection. Planning to add some fabric squares (also in my stash) to this pre-printed quilt top.  So liberating to hand embroider just for fun, without stressing for deadlines!

Non-affiliated link:
Aunt Martha's "The Busy Bee" and pre-printed quilt top from: www.colonialpatterns.com .